9/23/09

Eye-talian Style

I have recently arrived in Italy and am extremely jet lagged leaving me with nothing to do except blog until my parents wake up. I love Italian movies, and Italian style in movies, the debauchery in La Dolce Vita:



(Anouck Aimee is so well dressed in this movie!)

the 30s/40s style dresses in the Conformist:



(the dance, a great/confusing style scene)

but I've always especially loved Sicilian style, especially the style in the film Divorce Italian Style. It reminds me of a mob wives attending their husbands' funerals, in tight black dresses and black lace veils covering their faces.





I love Daniela Rocca in the movie, I couldn't find an image of my favorite scene where Marcello Mastroianni is parading her around town in the most amazing dress, hoping some man will fall in love with her so that she will cheat (see the movie it's complicated)



I love Marcello Mastroianni in this movie, even though he marries his cousin, nasty ass southerners



just bought this LOVE by Ya Ya dress, when I wear it I feel like a grieving mob wife



No comments:

Post a Comment