9/24/09

“I didn’t eat for three days so I could be lovely”

So I have had this 25 dollar gift certificate for itunes sitting on my desk for quite sometime now. I’ll be honest, about 90% of my music is downloaded free of cost via the interwebs so I’ve been struggling with deciding what do I want to do...movies or TV?

One of my all time favorite TV shows is the British program Skins. Think Gossip Girl or The OC but with far more swearing, nudity and lots and lots of drugs. I found it on itunes for 36 dollars, meaning I would have to cough up 11 extra dollars to cover it. For those of you that don’t know me, I’m cheap as fuck, especially to watch a series I’ve already seen. But while flipping through an old Lula I was reconnected with this spread featuring Skins actress Hannah Murray.



By far, my favorite female character (the boys in this show are all absolutely lovable and charming, far beyond the girls,) is Cassie Ainsworth, the bisexual, anorexic free spirit who bounces in and out of psych wards throughout the series. According to the fashion spot thread on her much of Cassie’s wardrobe is Hannah Murray’s own. Though the pics on her outside of the show don’t do her justice, her on screen persona owns it with layers of outlandish colors, clashing textures and chunky jewelry. One could say “she’s doing to much,” something I’ve been accused of in the past.







If you haven’t seen Skins go to sidereel.com right now, or better yet purchase it on itunes. The first two seasons only please, season three has an all new cast and it sucks. However it has Freddy.

mmmmm Freddy.

pics:tfs

No comments:

Post a Comment